- 985: The name “Montepestelario” first appears in an official document (a big farm)
- 1220: The first elements of the University (Faculty of Medicine) are built (completed in 1289)
- 1349: Montpellier joins the Kingdom of France
- 1562 – 1622: Religious civil wars are wagged (Montpellier, a protestant place)
- 1676: The first Chair of Chemistry is founded
- Over the 17th and 18th C.: Montpellier strengthens its position as the capital of Languedoc
(numerous beautiful mansions in the heart of the city)
- 1785: The first chemical plant is built
- From the 19th C.until now: The “King Wine” era
- 1889 Creation of the “Chemistry Institute”
- since 1907 Creation of the “Diplôme d’ingénieur chimiste”: a five-year national degree in Chemistry and Chemical Engineering (Master’s degree grade).
- 1957 The Chemistry Institute became “ Ecole Nationale Supérieure d’Ingénieur”
2017 A new campus for ENSCM !